Why would we chose to love our enemies and do good to those who hate us? Because that is the way of God. God never stops loving, never stops caring, never stops blessing. Yes, it’s outrageous. It’s impractical. It’s unrealistic. It’s beyond us. Which is why we need GOD and why we need one another. Only God’s love abiding in us can love in this way.
-Br. David Vryhof, SSJE
Family Promise Coordinator
First I want to thank Freida Herron for her many years of dedicated and faithful service to this most important ministry.
We are seeking a coordinator or two co-coordinators to share the work of this important ministry of our outreach program. You will have the support of our AMAZING volunteers plus an AMAZING group of volunteers from our support church, Broadway United Methodist. Our own Reverend Bob Beasley will continue to coordinate and schedule the volunteers for each evening.
If you feel called to carry this ministry forward, training will be provided by Freida Herron and Family Promise. See Freida or Stu Hammond don Sundays for further information.
Yours in Christ,
Stu Hammond, Outreach Coordinator
Widows and Widowers Grief Support Group
When: Wednesday Mornings, 10:30 to Noon
Date: February 12, 19, 26 and March 4, 11, 18 and 25
Where: New Providence Presbyterian Church
703 West Broadway Avenue, Room W202
Maryville, TN 37801
Contact: Alice Mansmith – Facilitator – with questions or interest
For people struggling with the death of a spouse within the last year or two. Handouts and discussions address daily issues including:
- The various stages one might experience (the sense of isolation, panic attacks, feeling overwhelmed, physical symptoms of distress, guilt and anger issues)
- The things that people sometimes say (which minimize grief)
- How society and sometimes even well-meaning family and friends rush one through grief
- Keeping a positive mental attitude, including handouts on worrying, willingness, gratitude, and taking things one day at a time.
- Accepting the loss both intellectually and emotionally in order to redirect energy and reorganize life.
Nondenominational and fee-free.